My favorite meat is chicken breast (other than filet mignon, but duh). My butcher makes killer butter garlic marinated chicken breasts and/or thighs. It is soooooo delicious. So I thought I’d share my own butter garlic chicken recipe with y’all!
Butter, good; garlic, good; butcher’s price, meh.
So, I have started making my own butter & garlic chicken marinade.
As I said, I personally LOVE chicken breast. This recipe uses 4, but you could easily use this marinade with legs, thighs, a mix of all 3, or hell, even with beef or pork.
Butter and garlic go well with just about everything!
Here’s the process:
- I begin by trimming the fat off of 4 large breasts and either butterflying them or cutting them into 8 pieces for more even cooking. Place the meat in a gallon-sized ziplock bag (for convenience) or a mixing bowl (for a more eco-friendly, no-plastic appeal).
- Grate 6 cloves of garlic and put that in the bag or bowl. (I have made this marinade before with minced garlic, but it wasn’t garlicky enough for me! That’s why I’m all about grating it now).
- Add 2 tbsp. dried parsley flakes, 1 tsp. black pepper, and 2 tsp. salt. Mix.
- Melt 6 tbsp. butter. Pour the butter over the meat and mix everything again.
- If you are using a mixing bowl, make sure to cover.
- Let the marinade sit in the fridge- the longer, the better! I aim for 2 days.
- Grill on high until cooked through. I would guess about 20 minutes, but I have never actually timed it.
Oh my heavens. This is to die for!
I even ate a piece leftover- straight from the fridge- 2 days later- not even heated up- and it was stillll amazing.
This is great for on chicken salads, for meal prepping, to take camping, etc.
Let me know what you think!
Did you enjoy this post? Please pin this image ↓
Happy Homesteading! (:
P.S. have any thoughts or questions? Tell me all the things in the comments! Also, you can contact us if you’d love to collab!