I used to date this guy whose mother was a great cook. (She still is… and she happens to live just down the road from me now!) My favorite thing she used to cook was chicken paprika. I’ve since mastered my own version of it, and I’d love to share it with y’all!
Easy Chicken Paprika Recipe
- 2-4 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- salt to taste
- chicken broth (water can work, too)
- 1 cup sour cream
- corn starch slurry
- 1 package cooked eggs noodles
- In a large pot, add 2-3 tbsp. avocado oil and heat over medium flame.
- Add 1 large, chopped onion.
- Saute until tender.
- (If using raw chicken breast: remove fat, cut breasts into 3-4 similar sized chunks. Remove onion from pan. Add chunks to the hot pan and brown on both sides, seasoning with salt and pepper. Once cooked through, shred).
- Add shredded meat to hot pan and cooked, chopped onions.
- Check chicken for salt and pepper seasonings, season appropriately.
- Add 2 tbsp. paprika and cover chicken with chicken broth (add an extra inch of broth on top of chicken).
- Stir well and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup sour cream.
- Stir well and bring to a rolling boil. Add corn starch slurry (mix 2-3 tbsp cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water).
- Allow chicken paprika sauce to thicken.
- The key to flavorful cooking is the seasoning! Make sure to season each step and taste throughout.
- Serve chicken paprika sauce over cooked egg noodles with a side salad.
Happy Homesteading! (:
Did you enjoy this post? Please pin this image ↓
P.S. have any thoughts or questions? Tell me all the things in the comments! Also, you can contact us if you’d love to collab!